Work for us
Post: Support Worker, Part Time
Responsible to: Dean Wearn, Head of Operations
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of others? Are you caring and compassionate?
We are looking for friendly, approachable and enthusiastic Support Workers to care for children and young people with a range of disabilities in their own homes, providing a high quality service of personal and social care. Covering these areas in Hampshire and West Sussex; Southampton Central, Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Winchester, Bognor, Chichester and East Grinstead.
- Supporting clients with personal care needs, including bathing, washing, toileting and dressing etc.
- Transporting and accompanying clients on outings, including trips to the cinema, shops, school and hospital appointments etc.
- Supporting clients with activity planning and choice making
- Administering medication, when trained to do so, as required
- Keeping accurate records of care and support provided, and contributing to the development of client care planning and risk management plans
- Attend training, planned staff meetings and individual supervision sessions as required by the Care Manager
What are we looking for?
- A hands-on person who can think on their feet and assist with tasks as they occur
- Be able to handle many different situations
- Be punctual and reliable in attendance and duties
- Have a positive and friendly attitude
- Follow Smile Support & Care’s policies and procedures
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Drivers with own car desirable
- NON DRIVERS CONSIDERED.
Day Support Workers start on £7.70, Night Time Support Workers start on £8.70
Because of the sensitive nature of our work, all Support Workers will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (paid for by the charity) and maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to all company information.
If you have any questions or would like to informally discuss the role, please call Dean Wearn on 023 80616215.